The American multinational chain of coffeehouses – Starbucks – launched its blockchain-based loyalty program, called Starbucks Odyssey, to its first group of US beta testers.
The effort is an extension of the company’s existing project – Starbucks Rewards – and includes coffee-themed NFTs that relate to real-world experiences.
- The entity displayed its intentions to hop on the NFT and Web3 bandwagon earlier this year by introducing the Starbucks Odyssey program.
- The initiative, which is now live, offers customers a chance to engage in activities called “Journeys,” which allow members to earn NFTs. Starbucks Odyssey is based on Polygon and is currently available only to US beta testers.
- The “Journeys” advertise the Starbucks brand and educate clients about coffee and the firm’s history. They include various activities like playing puzzles, watching videos, or taking quizzes.
“Starbucks Odyssey members can earn and purchase digital collectible Stamps (NFTs), accumulating Odyssey Points that unlock access to exclusive offers, experiential rewards, and one-of-a-kind Starbucks artwork that can’t be found anywhere else,” the multinational chain of coffeehouses stated.
- Starbucks is not new to the world of crypto. The company teamed up with Bakkt to enable its customers to use BTC as a payment method. Outlining the app’s merits was Bakkt’s CEO, Gavin Michael, who said:
“The average consumer holds a wealth of digital assets – from gift cards to loyalty points to bitcoin – but lacks the tools to adequately track and utilize their value. We’re thrilled to bring the Bakkt App to the public as a step along our journey to expand digital asset access to all.”
- Insurance For Car In Clovis Otosigna – Tailored Coverage Options - September 27, 2023
- 7 Best Insurance Near Mineola Texas – Full Guide - September 12, 2023
- Types Of Insurance Coverage Offered By Otosigna In Mineola, Texas? - September 8, 2023