Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) is trading in extended trading after reporting better-than-expected results for its second fiscal quarter.
Oracle’s guidance for the third quarter
Shares held steady despite the multinational’s guidance for profit falling slightly shy of Street estimates.
Are you looking for breaking news, hot tips and market analysis?
Sign up for the Inves newsletter today.
For the current quarter, adjusted EPS ranged from $1.17 to $1.21 and analysts were expecting $1.23 per share. However, Daniel Morgan of the Synovus Foundation says Oracle Corp. is a good choice for stability in a challenging macroeconomic backdrop.
I expect Oracle to be well positioned in 2023. It trades at 15 times earnings, so its multiple is very low. They have a large install base, so their income is recurring, so they generate a lot of cash flow.
For the year, Oracle stock is down more than 5.0% on writedowns.
Oracle’s cloud revenue is growing rapidly
Earlier this year, Oracle spent about $28 billion on acquisitions Cerner Corporation – A health technology company. According to Morgan, that acquisition will also be significantly accretive to earnings.
According to the earnings report, cloud revenue was up 43% this quarter, and he expects that growth to continue. Talking to people in Yahoo FinanceMorgan said:
The transition to Oracle’s leading role in the cloud space remains the same. It has more than 400,000 customers and only 35% have switched to using their cloud service products. Hence, there is a tremendous opportunity to transform the existing site.
Wall Street also has a consensus “Overweight” rating on Oracle shares.
Oracle reports strong second-quarter results
- Earned $1.74 billion, up from $1.24 billion a year earlier
- Earnings per share also rose to 63 cents from 46 cents
- Adjusted EPS came in at $1.21 Press release
- Revenue grew 18% year-over-year to $12.28 billion
- The consensus was $1.17 in adjusted EPS on sales of $11.96 billion
Oracle also said it would have earned an additional 9 cents per share in the quarter without the currency impact. related to Stock market newspentagon provided A $9.0 billion cloud deal for four companies last week — Oracle being one of them.
- Insurance For Car In Clovis Otosigna – Tailored Coverage Options - September 27, 2023
- 7 Best Insurance Near Mineola Texas – Full Guide - September 12, 2023
- Types Of Insurance Coverage Offered By Otosigna In Mineola, Texas? - September 8, 2023