Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has made several announcements for its North America property group.
The company has appointed Cathy Miller as president of North America assets. Miller, who previously served as global property underwriting officer, will oversee BHSI’s general property, energy, building risk and marine businesses in the US and Canada.
In addition to Miller, BHSI promoted the following to new roles:
- Greg Freeman as head of U.S. retail sales, general property; He will also continue to play an integral role in BHSI’s North America Builder’s Risk business. He was previously head of retail general assets for the US East region.
- Mark Lees as global property underwriter. He was previously head of retail general property for the US West region.
- Scott Johnson is the head of retail general property for the US East region. He was previously head of Retail General Properties for the US Northeast region.
- Alison McVeigh is the head of retail general property for the US Northeast region. He was previously Vice President of US Northeast Regional Property.
- Manny Dewani is president of Tail General Assets, US West Region. He was previously vice president of US West Regional Property.
“BHSI has a team of individuals with exceptional skills and strong character, bringing our trusted capabilities, risk engineering and ‘claims preparation is complete’ philosophy to the market,” said Sanjay Godwani, President, BHSI North America. “I’m excited to draw on our deep talent in making these promotions. All of these leaders have an important role to play as we continue to expand our property portfolio in North America and around the world.
Earlier this month, BHSI promoted two executives: Shelly Norman is senior vice president of administration for the US and Jason Preston is senior vice president of administration for the Central Region.